In December 2019, YES Foundation started implementing the project "Fostering multilateral dialogue and cooperation between CSOs, public authorities, business sector and media for faster adaption to the Single Market", funded by the Swedish Agency for international development cooperation (Sida) through the project "Nordic Support for Progress of North Macedonia", implemented by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
The main objective of the project is fostering CSOs active contribution towards long-term sustainable and balanced growth by acceleration the country’s road towards the Single Market. The specific objectives of the project include:
- Raising awareness of the benefits, impact and importance of the Single Market for improving the growth and competitiveness of the national economy
- Boosting multi-stakeholder cooperation for bringing forward Single Market opportunities for consumers and businesses
- Fostering Single Market harmonization by providing policy options from multi-stakeholder cooperation approach
Target groups of the project include: CSOs, media representatives, public authority representatives, SMEs and start-ups.
Within the 12-month several activities are foreseen:
- Creation of national awareness raising campaign for Single Market benefits and impact for the society;
- Organization of CSOs thematic workshops for fostering cooperation between CSOs, policy makers, businesses and media on Single Marker policy areas;
- Monitoring and contributing to policy framework for better opportunities for consumers and businesses.
The foreseen results will contribute to the active involvement of the civil sector in accelerating the country's path to the single market, informing the public and raising public awareness of the importance of the single market, and better understanding of the country's processes for EU integration and harmonization with the single market.